Thursday, August 25, 2011

Louie Giglio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KqziOKZ4AE
I have wanted to write this for a while now.

This is a link to a video that will blow your mind.... it did me (mine).
How amazing God is to pay that much detail to us in the womb, along with creating the universe so vast in measure that we don’t even show up on earth as a measurement. WOW. After viewing this video numerous times (it has taken me a couple times to get it all) I was thinking about how amazing God is and how He came to earth and lived as we live.
I also thought about when Jesus was tempted by Satan. Ya, a being that God had created had the gumption to tempt God himself wrapped in flesh... ya.
What really got me was looking/ thinking about the vastness of the universe and how big it is.
And thinking about Satan taking Jesus up on top of a high mountain and telling Jesus, if you will bow down and worship me... I will give you all you see. WHAT!! God, the one who created it all, was going to worship Satan to get an earthly kingdom. Really!? To me (in my brain) if I was Jesus at this time I would be thinking  ..."hey buddy you dont realize i already own it all #1. #2 I own way much more that you realize. I own so much your brain can’t even imagine it all! Not to mention I CREATED it all without even getting off my couch (by breathing and saying) -- that’s in my brain-- not actual scripture... this is what scripture says....

Matthew 4

New International Version (NIV)

Matthew 4

Jesus Is Tested in the Wilderness
 1 Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted[a] by the devil. 2 After fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry. 3 The tempter came to him and said, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread.”
 4 Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’[b]
 5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:
   “‘He will command his angels concerning you,
   and they will lift you up in their hands,
   so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’[c]
 7 Jesus answered him, “It is also written: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’[d]
 8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”
 10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[e]
 11 Then the devil left him, and angels came and attended him.


Then I got to thinking about how and when Satan tempts me.
He usually does it a weak or low point in my life. (Jesus had fasted for 40 days and nights.
He starts off tempting the flesh, my human weakness or body-- (turn these stones into bread) Also related to my low point or weakness at that time. Jesus was hungry, he had been fasting.
He then moves to Pride. (Jump, throw yourself down) Pride says I can do it and God will fix it.
Finally he moves in for the Kill with Power. (Bow down and give you...) Power says hey look what I you’re going to get.
This reminds me of a story I heard on a preaching station a couple months back about how God asks for everything your Money, car, house, family, job, dog and even you. And He lets us use it until He asks for it back. Power and Pride will tell you its all yours anyway, use it how you will and (pride) God will fix it anyway.
This was a very humbling revelation.
I am going thru some changes (these last couple of Months) with our family finances, church leadership, and physical fitness. I am praying because I want to serve God in each of these areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment