Tuesday, September 13, 2011

9-11 Anniversary

As I sit and think about the events that transpired 10 yrs ago I weep, grow, sad, hopeless, then angry, then I have to remind myself that God is in control.
I have not said this before, but I have been keeping a journal of things that have happened this year for Libby. I know I will be around to tell her a lot of these stories, but some small details I may forget. So I write them down. I wrote to her about the 10 yr anniversary. I told her about where I was that day, sitting in class in 11th grade watching in horror on TV thinking this was some kind of horrible movie, and it had to be. There was a sense of fear. not that we would be attacked in Sneads FL, but that control we are so comfortable and used to was out of the picture, even for a minute. I told her about the war that followed, the men and women who have been fighting since that day. How grateful I am for those dear soldiers. Then I reminded her of the one who died for all, Jesus. The one who the newspapers are afraid to mention and the reason the whole war has started. The media will deny it, people are growing immune to it, but it’s still the reason. This is a holy war, a war brought to birth because of opposing religions or worldviews. I also told her about the importance of electing leaders who understand this fact.
I urge you to do the same. To never forget the people who perished on that day 10 yrs ago. The one's who got up on a normal Tuesday morning for work and may have never thought twice about death.
I urge you to think, would you be ready?



* I have included some links and pictures* http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/rise-of-freedom/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment