Wednesday, July 6, 2011

the Band Perry

I have a new infatuation with the Band Perry! i love their sound and their look. very poetic and artsy. i was determined to NOT post anything about the Casey Anthony verdict, so i was listening to music and there were alot of post about Caylee under one of their songs! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJqUN9TClM&NR=1 i cant escape it.

I enjoy alot of styles of music, mostly Christian (its just a better message) but also some marching band style, country, old punk and rock (areosmith, eagles, nirvana), and phantom of the opera.

i wish i new more poetry; i think its a dying art to quote poetry. and it seems that really smart people can quote it. i do enjoy poetry but sadly have not committed any to memory save one-
William Butler Yeats - Brown Penny

I whispered, 'I am too young,'
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
'Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.'
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment